Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Super easy craft project


I found these adorable place mats at Target for half off ($1.50 each!).  A while ago I had come across someone taking cute place mats and turned them into throw pillows so I have been on the look-out for place mats ever since and was so excited to come across these!
               **Side note: Make sure the mats have two sides that are sewn together so you are able to rip it apart and stuff it full of poly-fil!**

I took a trip to Michaels to buy Poly-Fil ($5.00 with a 40% off coupon) and then came home to get started!


Then, I began to cut the sides of the mats so that I could stuff them.
  

And after all of that, I sewed the mats back up like so:

And then threw them onto the mattress so I could admire my finished product!

I have to say that I loved this easy project and will definitely be on the look out for more mats to make in to pillows!  


4 comments:

Jessica said...

thats a great idea teresa!

Unknown said...

Thank you Jessica! I'm so proud of it! :-)

Road To Creativity said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Thank you Kelly!!!