Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Ever Happened to the Golden Rule?

I came across a post on facebook today that made my skin crawl.  Bullying is a subject near and dear to my heart because I have been there and know how horrible it can be.  I feel the need to stick up for those who are the target and I will speak my mind even if it does make me unpopular. 

A friend I went to High School with had a conversation over text messages with another girls husband where he supposedly admitted he cheated on his wife.  Since the wife owed my friend money and hadn't payed her back, the friend decided to post the conversation to her facebook wall to let everyone know the girl's husband was cheating on her.  What made the whole situation worse was that everyone was commenting on the post laughing and saying the wife deserved it.  While I do not know all the details on what has been going on with my friend and the wife, I did not feel she deserved that kind of treatment.  Maybe I need to keep my mouth shut, maybe I should learn when to pick my battles.  However, as many of you know, I have a hard time keeping my opinions to myself and decided to post of the friends wall.  I am actually embarrassed for her.  My friend looks like such a jerk for doing that and if the husband was cheating, I am sure the wife doesn't want the whole world to know.  I mean, we all know how fast news spreads on facebook...especially bad news.

This situation is so messed up.  My friend (who really isn't my friend anymore since I deleted her) is a mom to two young girls and the way she is acting does not seem like "model behavior."  Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, but I just felt so bad for the wife.  It isn't my place and I know that...but what is done is done.   

No comments: