Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hit the Ground Running

It's 4:30 in the afternoon and this is the first time (since breakfast) that I've sat down all day long.  I haven't even had time to take a shower (T.M.I.?  Sorry!).  Deactivating my facebook account has really opened up my time during the day.  Yes, it's only been one day but I honestly don't miss it. 

While eating breakfast this morning, I had HGTV on (my new favorite channel).  I have been watching my favorite shows for tips on how to clean appliances in the house as well as how to maximize storage.  Today was all about cleaning, and since some of the appliances in our kitchen really needed some help, I thought I'd write down the tips and use them for myself!  Now, there are no before or after pictures, but I'll do my best to describe how they looked before!

First off, let me share some tips that I learned today.  I apologize if you already know some of these, but if you don't I'm hoping you'll try them out in your own kitchen!
  1. How to Clean Your Stainless Steel Appliances/Sink:
    1. Mix 3 tbspn Cream of Tarter, 1 tbspn hydrogen peroxide  OR
    2. Use Olive Oil to clean fingerprints off appliances and to bring back the shine  AND
    3. Throw slices of lemons into the garbage disposal.
  2. How to Clean Your Coffee Pot and Make It Shine:
    1. Put one cup white vinegar for every three parts water and run the cycle monthly  AND
    2. Run two full pots of cold water to wash all the vinegar out of the pot.
    3. To clean the glass pot, fill with salt and ice, leave for a few hours, then rinse it out.  It will get all the old coffee stains off and your pot will look good as new!
  3. How to Clean Your Microwave:
    1. Heat two slices of lemon and a tsp. of water in a microwavable bowl for one minute  OR
    2. Heat soap and water for a minute  OR
    3. Heat vinegar and water  THEN
    4. Wipe the microwave clean.
Let me just say that Chris and I have been talking about getting rid of our microwave for a while now.  It was so stained and food was baked into the walls.  Because of the few tricks from above, the microwave looks almost new (there are a few stains that I just couldn't get out) and whenever we move, Chris can keep it and put it in his "man cave!"  Success!!  haha....Also, my coffee pot was in desperate need of a cleaning.  It had a lot of old coffee stains on it, and by soaking it with salt and ice the pot looks like new! 

I honestly can't even believe how great everything looks.  Not only did I exercise today, but I also got the kitchen and even a few loads of laundry done.  Okay, I've got to get back to everything because if I sit down for much longer, I'm going to pass out.  :-)  


1 comment:

Road To Creativity said...

I hope you check facebook from time to time to see any pictures that we post...I am loving Design Star and the next foodnetwork star.