Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Comittment Issues

Today I finally realized something.  I think I've known for a very long time, but I just didn't want to admit it.  Now, please bear with me because this is a little difficult to admit.  But...I have a commitment problem.  This may sound crazy since most everyone knows that I am so excited that Chris is finally talking about getting married and buying a house (yay!) and that I can't wait for all of that to happen.  So, just to clarify, I have commitment issues that have nothing to do with other people...just myself!

For example, I quit P90 with only a month left until moving on to the next workout regimine.  But, to be fair, I had come down with the flu for a week and I just couldn't get back into my exercise routine after that.  And then, I tried giving up facebook for Lent but failed miserably at that too!  My track record with things is just horrible!  So, I have decided to give it all a try again.  For the past week, I keep telling myself that I want to start exercising again but I just haven't gotten around to it.  I have also been thinking about giving up facebook for a while.  Being addicted to my computer for hours a day and not getting anything done is just not working for me anymore.  There is so much that I want to do and it just never seems to get done.  Maybe, if I give up social networking for a while, I'll have better luck.  I think the reason my facebook boycott will work this time because I'm doing it for myself.  I guess we will see.

I also want to start exercising again.  I loved the p90 workouts the first time so I see no problems with me starting them up again.  Sam also brought me some African dancing workouts that I've been dying (but too scared) to try them!  Maybe I'll even brave the horrific heat and go for a walk or two!  haha...Only time will tell.

So, (I'm stealing this from you Emily..sorry!), I'm challenging each and every one of you to pick up a hobby you used to love but stopped doing for whatever reason.  Do something that makes you happy, that brings you joy!  

  

1 comment:

Road To Creativity said...

I think we all do this. We start something and never finish it. Only to pick it up again. Good luck with whatever makes you happy!!