Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wedding Dress Bliss

One thing down, a million more to go!  :-)

Yes, I know that I am updating my blog a lot.  Getting married is a once in a lifetime thing (if you're lucky!), and what better way is there to document it than writing on my blog?!  Plus, I have a lot of family and friends who live in different states and this way they can feel like they are sharing in the excitement and planning with me. 

On Sunday my mom, Gran, and Sam went with me to David's Bridal to try on wedding dresses.  Unfortunately, Julie couldn't be there because she was camping...but I wasn't expecting to buy anything so I figured she'd come with us next time!  I kept telling myself that Sunday was a day to try on a bunch of different things to get a feel for what I liked, because I didn't want to buy the very first thing I tried on!  They were running a bit behind, so that gave us an opportunity to browse the racks to see what I liked and what I didn't.  I had already promised people that I would try on certain things (ie: mermaid, ballgown, a-line, etc) and take pictures to send to them.  And let me tell you...I did try all of them on.  My soon to be mother-in-law said I'd have a hard time picking because everything would look good on me....and she was right!  I loved everything I tried on...but there was one in particular I liked the best. 

Now, of course I'm not going to post pictures on here (who knows....maybe Chris checks my blog frequently!), but I will tell you this...its a perfect dress.  It definitely was not something I thought I'd like, and it wasn't something I found on-line and just had to try on in the store!  When we were looking through the racks I saw it and kept saying that I just really wanted to try it on.  Something was drawing me to that dress...and the second I put it on I knew I couldn't walk away from it.

I'm sad that I have to wait until the wedding to wear it.  If I could...I'd do what Pheobe and Monica did on the episode of Friends where they wore wedding dresses for fun.  haha.  If only there was a guarantee that it wouldn't get ruined...hmmm....But..I am anxiously counting down the days until I can wear it again...and the fitting in January can't come soon enough!  I'm so thankful that the only thing that needs to be done is a very small hem.  Yay for being short!  haha...

And...now that I brought up that friends episode, I think I'm going to go pop in a DVD and watch it while I'm cleaning the living room!  Have a blessed day everyone!

3 comments:

Road To Creativity said...

I can't wait to see you in it on your wedding day!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Kelly! I can't wait to wear it! haha

Darlene said...

I'm sure you're going to look beautiful!