Friday, September 2, 2011

Wedding Location Revealed

I feel like so much time has passed since Chris and I got engaged when in reality it has only been two weeks.  I still need to send out the video to our family and close friends (sorry Kelly!!!), which I promised I'd do as soon as we got back from our trip!  I don't even know where the time has gone.  So, please forgive me for my lack of initiative and drive.  I promise to start being better about it!

Right now, I get to do all the fun parts of planning.  Chris and I have finally settled on a date (yay!), we've picked out our colors (well...it was mostly me since he said he didn't care..haha!), found a place we both love and can't wait to get married at, talked about our engagement pictures, and have started planning out our guest list!

We decided to get married at Disney World in Orlando, Fl.  Chris brought the place up earlier this year during a random conversation, which surprised me since he told me from the beginning we wouldn't get married until I was 35!  We started looking at pictures and absolutely fell in love.  We go to Disney so often and it was the first vacation we ever took together, so it just seemed perfect for us.

When we went to Disney a few weeks ago Chris, Sam, and I decided to take a walk down to the Wedding Pavilion to see what it looked like in person.  It is right in between Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and the Polynesian Resort.  It is nestled away on a small island with water surrounding it on three sides and it also connects to a beach where (hopefully) the photographer will take loads of pictures!

Isn't it beautiful?!
When you walk into the building, it is set up to seat 300 people.  However, with the package Chris and I are getting we are only allowed 20 (including us).  We weren't actually allowed to go in...but I found this picture on-line and thought it would help you get the idea.  I can decorate the inside the way I want (yay!) and they have cute runners that say "And They Lived Happily Ever After" on them that I am definitely going to request!

I can't get over how beautiful this is!
And...since you can't get a good view of it from the above picture, I thought I'd zoom in on the main window.  This is what you'll see behind Chris and I during the ceremony.  I can only hope that our day will be beautiful and sunny so the view is that clear!                                       

Cinderella's Castle.  My favorite part of the Magic Kingdom!


We are so excited to be getting married at Disney!  We had our first trip when we were dating there, our engagement was there, and now our wedding will be there!  I guess you can say we're just the perfect Disney couple (haha!)!  This will definitely be a day to remember and a great vacation with close family and friends.  





No comments: