Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Picture Frame Earring Holder

Last night I was looking at a friends blog, and found a post that inspired me. How simple of an idea is it to take a picture frame, chicken wire, and sandpaper and make a jewelry holder out of it? Well, I'm here to tell you that it is!

I started off at Lowes in search of sandpaper and chicken wire. I already had a picture frame at home that needed a makeover so a quick trip to the store was all I needed to get started!

The first thing I did once at home was sand down the frame then do a coat of white paint (I forgot to take photos of both these steps).

The next thing I did was do two coats of blue (mix of light and dark) and let it dry....


Then I took the chicken wire and hot glued it to the back of the frame making sure I put more than needed to hold it in place.

Then I hung it up on the wall.....the color is much darker in this picture for some reason!

And here is the semi-finished product! The best part of this is the entire project cost me less than $8! I have more earrings still packed away somewhere and I need to find them. :-) I'm also going to put hooks on the bottom of the frame to hang my necklaces from and once I "outgrow" this frame I have another one that will be its twin!! :-)


Don't worry...I'll post more pictures once I completely finish the frame!! Right now, at least this does the trick! haha

2 comments:

Road To Creativity said...

woohoo your first follower. Great job on the earring holder!!

Unknown said...

yaay!!!! Thank you! I am very excited!